Daisypath Wedding tickers

Catching the Infection From My Mother

>> Monday, March 22, 2010

Alright, my Mom caught a reading challenge bug, and I chose to join her, for both the same reasons (a sincere love of reading), and the desire to be there for her as encouragement. Any task is easier when someone is sharing it with you. Even fun ones!

Here's the challenges I've accepted, as well what level I've chosen.
Clover, Bee and Reverie Poetry Reading Challenge - Like Mom, I'm going with Couplet.
Time Travel Reading Challenge - I'll go with 4 on here, because I already know which 4.
Revisit Your Childhood Favorites Challenge - The challenge is 5..easy enough.
The Aussie Author Challenge - Straining to come up with any Aussie authors, I'm choosing Tourist level.
MysteryReaderCafe Reading Challenge You join a yahoo group, and read 4 books with set requirements.
Marple Poirot Holmes Challenge - 2 Miss Marple, 2 Hercule Poirot, & 2 Sherlock Holmes
Christian Non-Fiction Challenge 2010 - I'll try for 12.
E-Book Reading Challenge 2010 - I'll take Obsessed for 200 Alex.
ThemeQuest Reading Challenge - Theme Thing, 5 books, on my choice of theme...Relaxation. I'm always stressed, so this might be what I need.
What's In A Name 3 - Read one book each: 1. A book with food in the title 2. A book with a body of water in the title 3. A book with a title (queen, president) in the title 4. A book with a plant in the title 5. A book with a place name (city, country) in the title 6. A book with a music term in the title.
Colorful Reading Challenge - 9 books with a different color in each book's title.
TwentyTen Challenge - 20 books in 10 categories in 2010.

Now here's the ones I'm choosing from the Novel Challenge Blog the source of all insanity.
The 4 Month Challenge Part 3 - You have 4 months to try & knock out as many challenges as possible, and there's points assigned for varying levels of challenge. (i.e. Read a Book By 2 Authors - 20 points)
Ireland Challenge 2010 - I think I'll go for Luck O' The Irish which is 4 books.
Birth Year Reading Challenge - Read as many books from your birthyear (mine is 1985) before the end of the year.
Jewish Literature Challenge - Can be by Jewish authors, about Jews, Jewish culture..anything. I'll read 3. This challenge ends 10Sep (Rosh Hashanah).
Read Your Name Challenge - Read a list of books, the titles spelling our your name, blogger ID..whatever floats your boat. So the first book for me would start with "S" for SpitFire.

And here is where I'm tearing myself away from the Novel Challenge website, before I bury myself...I may have already bitten off more than I can chew...we'll see!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP