Daisypath Wedding tickers

Nights of a Military Wife

>> Monday, May 17, 2010

It's 0130 EST, and I'm wide awake...I'm watching him sleep. I know that probably sounds really creepy to most of you, but let me explain. We've been married less than a year....June we'll hit that mark. He's been gone since October, except for a brief return in April for Bunny's birth. Even in the brief time I had him, I grew used to the sounds of someone in my bed. It comforts me to wake up and still be able to see him "next" to me, and hear him breathing.

I thank God for the person who invented Skype. If it wasn't for it, none of the above would be possible. But because of them, even though he's a 14 hour flight away, I can see & hear him on a daily basis. It makes the year a little more tolerable. My  heart goes out to the women who's husbands are deployed to less technologically set-up locations. I know how that must hurt to not be able to hear from them more often. My neighbor gets a periodic phone call. I know my day is coming when I'll have to deal with that scenario, but meanwhile I'm grateful for the communication we have shared for our first year of marriage.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP