Daisypath Wedding tickers

One of my best friends

>> Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This month Tiffany at Bloggy Moms posted a Blog Challenge for the month. Pick a friendship and blog about it. I could blog about nearly any member of my family, and I would be on topic. I chose a member outside of my family though. :)

I won't reveal her name, in case she doesn't want her name given out. For the purpose of this blog, I'll call her Brooke. I've used that name when talking about her in other locations, so she'll know who I mean. I met her when I was 16. I'll be 25 this year, and we're still friends. We're not a typical long term friendship...I haven't known her since kindergarten, and she's not just 5 minutes from me.

I met her at a church my then boyfriend took me to. She was a lot different than me...dressed very trendy, had a spunky attitude...I had my own unique way of dressing, and my attitude at the time verged more on rebellious than spunky at the time. She went places and did things, and from my home in TX, the farthest I'd been was....Oklahoma & New Mexico.

Since we met, she introduced me to new worlds...I got to see the Dove Awards 2x, and from there I was introduced to what was then called the Seminar In the Rockies. She got me to try coffee multiple times, trying to find one I'd like. My wardrobe added some trendier pieces to it's eclectic collection.

Later on, I had a bad marriage, and didn't see much of her. Even further on down the road, I joined the military and saw even less of her. But every time I came home, it was like we had just seen each other 2 days ago. We'd have tons of catching up to do, but there wasn't any awkwardness.

Now I'm out of the military, but I'm still a military spouse. I live in Georgia, many miles away from her, but thanks to the Internet & text messages we can keep in constant contact. And thanks to an odd craving during one of my pregnancies, we can now enjoy coffee together when I come home.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP