Daisypath Wedding tickers

Rope Burns & Corn Silk Hair

>> Thursday, July 1, 2010

This post is the 4th of 15. We are writing our way through our youth over at Mommy's Piggy TALES. Check it out! :)

Sorry I'm getting this done so late tonight! I've had a lot on the brain, and I couldn't remember anything for the age of 7. And then I remembered a family reunion.What do y'know...I was 7! This will be a very quick post, so I do apologize. Hopefully next week will be more solid.

I only remember snippets of the family reunion, so here I go with another list of memories. :)

Corn Shucking
I'd never shucked corn before in my life, but I saw some of the grown-ups doing it, and it looked like fun. So I went over and asked them what they were doing, and they explained and showed me how to do it. While we were doing it, one of the guys said my hair looked like corn silk. He meant it as a compliment, since I had very fine, very soft blonde hair. I thought he meant my hair was stringy and yellow, so I didn't think it was very nice at all.
Aunt's Kisses
I had an aunt wearing lipstick that was a bit on the brighter side. She was kissing kids on the forehead, but it didn't occur to me that it would leave a mark. Years later when I read the story of the Wizard of Oz, I rather thought of the Good Witch's kiss as being a sort of fuchsia color, despite the silvery description.

Weather Balloon
There was a weather balloon in the backyard. All I knew is that it was a HUGE balloon. So I enlisted the aid of a group of kiddos and we played tug of war with the balloon, trying desperately to pull it down to play with. I was at the back of line, and somehow my ankle go wrapped in the rope. I got another new experience..rope burn! (I'll take shucking corn anyday!)

Well there you have it. :) What fond memories from family reunions do you have? Leave me a comment and let me know.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP